Easy peasy 15 minute macarons!
|Small macaron measures roughly 2.5cm across and 2cm thick. Large macaron measures 4.5cm across and 4cm thick.|
Pencil, compass, ruler, scissors, needle & thread, glue gun
A small piece of card (e.g. cereal box), felt sheets, stuffing, string, phone strap/ball chain
Click below to see tutorial!
1. Cut the felt circle using a card template (picture 1)
>> Small macaron template = 4 cm diameter
>> Large macaron template = 8 cm diameter
2. Make a running stitch around the circumference (picture 2)
3. Grab some stuffing and rub it into a ball with your palms
4. Center the stuffing on the circle and pull the thread to tighten (picture 3, 4)
5. Knot it
6. Repeat steps 1-5 to make the other half of the macaron
7. Sew the two halves together (picture 6)
8. Cut a piece of string long enough to wrap around the macaron's "waist", fold it in half, and knot the top part (leaving a little loop for connecting the phone strap/ball chain later) (picture 6)
9. Tie the string around the macaron. Double knot it! (picture 7)
10. Cut two strips of felt long enough to wrap around the macaron's "waist". The "thicker" piece should be the same colour as your macaron's body. The "thinner" piece should be white or cream coloured.
11. Position the thick piece on top of the "waist" and the thin piece on top of the thick. Glue everything together